Friday 5 January 2018

HAPPY 2018

Wow, how can it be another new year already? I can't wait to have some time on the allotment, unfortunately we all came down with some horrid virus over Christmas so only essential home jobs got completed. We even had shop bought parsnips for Christmas dinner!!!
Even though a visit was out of the question I managed to spend some time making an allotment diary, finalising a plan and tidying up the seed box.
I also realised the cover for the blow away greenhouse needs replacing before the end of February when the serious seed sowing starts. This led me to window shop for greenhouses for an entire afternoon and day dream about how wonderful it will be to have a nice 6x8ft  greenhouse on plot 28. This is a long way off though, I would love to be looking for real next year, but we shall see how the pennies are doing then.


Today though, I got to sow the first seeds of the year, yay! As last years onions were such a disaster, growing no bigger than a marble, I am trying an earlier sowing this year. Whilst I had the compost out I also sowed a few pots of alpine strawberries and a couple of early cauliflowers. I can't wait to see emerging seedlings again, this is what it's all about........

No comments:

Post a Comment